Our counselling services can support you through exploration of your past and present realities, so you are mindful of your present and future choices.
Counselling is a process of:
- talking about one's issues
- understanding what may be behind thoughts, beliefs and feelings
- deciphering what choices are potentially available
- learning coping strategies to work through situations and get beyond the hurts.
SGBFM’s methods allows you to reduce potential conflict and make decisions about your own future, through:
- Teaching communication strategies
- Helping you clarify your wants and needs
- Acknowledging the preferences of the other person(s)
- Empowerment for dealing with difficulties and issues in your current life that can be utlilized in your future problem-solving and relationships.
Areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
Personal: Grief and loss
Self-esteem and self-worth
Family: Marriage counselling
Parenting and co-parenting
Life’s transitions such as births and empty nesting
Family Law Pathways
As documented on Family Law Pathways Centre in Canada, you and your spouse can attend an Early Neutral Information session where you hear together Information First from a neutral expert in a single meeting before you make choices about your reasonable range of options and processes, and choose the professionals you want to help you plan and organise your separation/divorce out-of-court. We help explain domestic contracts including separation agreements, pre-nuptial agreements or cohabitation agreements.
For more information see: